Play yes Gambling no.
The practice of gambling and lottery as part of leisure and fun, is in which the bettor plays knowing the propabilities of winning or losing moderately, and enjoying the experience of playing without taking high risks, according to the circumstances of that person. It is what is known as a healthy game. If you consider that the game is a problem and it stops being a healthy game, we recommend that you stop playing and / or contact with groups against the gambling addiction that can help you for free
Criteria for diagnose pathological gaming or pathological gambling
According to the American Psychiatric Association, maladaptive, persistent and recurrent gaming behavior is characterized by at least five (or more) of the following symptoms:
- Concern about the game. For example: concern about living again past game experiences, compensating advantages among competitors or planning the next adventure, or thinking about ways to get money for more games
- Yo need to play with increasing amounts of money to achieve the desired degree of excitement.
- Repeated failure of the efforts to control, interrupt or stop the game.
- Restlessness or irritability when you try to interrupt or stop the game.
- The game is used as a strategy to escape problems or to ease dysphoria. For example feelings of hopelessness, guilt, anxiety or depression
- After losing money in the game, you return the next day to try to recover it (trying to 'hunt' own losses).
- Family members, therapists or others are deceived to hide the degree of involvement with the game.
- Illegal acts are committed, such as forgery, fraud, theft or breach of trust, to finance the game.
- There are significant interpersonal relationships, work and educational or professional opportunities, lost due to gambling.
- One hopes that others will provide money to ease the desperate financial situation caused by the game.
What to do if I am a gambler
There are numerous associations free and non profit, both local and national, to help overcome your addiction problems: FEJAR: Spanish Federation of betting players rehabilitated
Keep in mind that it is usual, that in your city or province, there are different associations to help you fight against gambling; check in your area
There are also opt-out mechanisms in several service managers.